Composition of the Council
Building on the diversity of sensitivities and socio-professional experiences of its members, ESEC is a committed source for proposals in the heart of the transformations and structuring projects that our country is experiencing.
Thus, the Council includes, in addition to the President, 105 members whose term of office is 5 years renewable only once, with the exception of those belonging to the category of office-holders representing institutions and designated bodies. Members of ESEC are divided into 5 categories:
Experts: 24 members
Its members are appointed by His Majesty the King on the basis of their specific skills, expertise, experience and scientific or technical qualifications.
Trade Union : 24 members
This category brings together 12 members appointed by the Head of Government, 6 by the President of the Chamber of Representatives and 6 by the President of the Chamber of Councillors, who are proposed by the unions which appoint them on account of their experience, expertise and scientific qualifications.
Professional organizations and associations: 24 members
Its 12 members are appointed by the Head of Government – 6 by the President of the Chamber of Representatives and 6 by the President of the Chamber of Councillors – after proposal by the professional organizations and associations which appoint them on account of their scientific experience, expertise and qualifications.
Civil society: 16 members
This category has 8 members appointed by the Head of Government, 4 by the President of the Chamber of Representatives and 4 by the President of the Chamber of Councillors.
Office-holders representing institutions and designated bodies: 17 members
- The High Commissioner for Planning;
- The Wali of Bank al Maghrib;
- The Deputy Chairman of the Higher Council for Education, Training and Scientific Research;
• The President of the National Council for Human Rights;
- The President of the Institution Le Médiateur;
- The President of the Council of the Moroccan Community Abroad;
- The President of the Professional Group of Moroccan Banks;
- The Director General of the National Social Security Fund;
- The Director of the Moroccan Retirement Pension Fund;
- The Chairman and CEO of the Moroccan Interprofessional Retirement Pension Fund;
- The Director of the National Health Insurance Agency;
- The President of the National Observatory for Human Development;
- The Chairman of the Family and Childhood Advisory Council;
- The President of the Advisory Council for Youth and Associative Action;
- The President of the Equality and Anti-Discrimination Authority;
- The Director of the Office for Vocational Training and Work Promotion;
- The Director General of the National Social Welfare Organizations Fund.